Annual Member Summer Outing
Thu 11th May
ROYAL INSTITUTION OF SOUTH WALES
MEMBERS ANNUAL SUMMER OUTING
THURSDAY MAY 11th, 2017
Not a member? Join us now!
A fun filled day at two amazing venues!
The morning will be spent at the Royal Mint, Llantrisant, where you will:
- See the new pound coin and special edition Peter Rabbit 50p!
- Experience the craftsmanship and technology involved in the making of coins and medals.
- Be guided through the manufacturing areas and have the opportunity to strike your own coin!
- Discover more about sporting, military and commemorative medals, also coin collecting.
- Enjoy the gift shop with its wide range of merchandise and much more!
In the afternoon we will visit The National Museum of Wales:
Have a break (and purchase some refreshments) in the Oriel Resturant or Coffee Shop
After lunch we will be divided into groups and a guide will talk us through the Impressionist and modern art collections.
The tour includes highlights of the Davies sisters’ collection, and will cover works by Monet, Rodin, Gwen John, Jacob Epstein and Ceri Richards among many others
Itinerary – times are approximate
9.30am - Depart with Cymru coaches at recreation ground, St Helen’s.
9.45 Pick up at Wellington St, (between Tesco’s and Debenhams)
10.30 Arrive at Llantrisant for ‘The Royal Mint Experience’.
10.45 Split into 2 groups for guided tours.
12.30. Leave Llantrisant
1. pm Arrive at National Museum of Wales where you can buy your own meal at the restaurant.
During the afternoon we will be split into groups for guided tour and have free time to explore other galleries.
4.30-4.45 depart for Swansea to arrive at 5.30-5.45.
The cost is £24 and includes coach, entrance fees, and guides for the day.
Please let me have your bookings with payment (cheques payable to RISW) and your contact details and point of collection as soon as possible, but no later than April 21st, and sent to: Helen Hallesy, 8, Alltycham Drive, Pontardawe, and Swansea, SA8 4JR
For further information contact Helen Hallesy, 01792 865451 or email your details to: firstname.lastname@example.org